Welcome to the official website of the Minotola Fire Company, proudly serving the residents of Buena Boro since 1923.
BBQ Grill Fire Safety Tips
The outdoor cookout season is in full swing now that summer is upon us. Listed here are a few helpful hints in making your outdoor barbeque a fire safe event.
Propane Gas Grills
- Before each use, check hoses for signs of wear and tear, and that the connection to the tank is tight.
- Remove excess grease buildup from the unit, to prevent flare ups.
- Periodically check the inside gas tubes for the buildup of spider webs that can cause blockage, causing gas to backflow into the control valves, where it could potentially ignite.
- An orange flame is in an indication that there is an obstruction in the gas tubes that lead to the burners. Flame should be blue in color.
- When igniting the grille, make sure the lid or cover is in the open position.
- Never leave the unit unattended while cooking, and keep children at a safe distance.
- Always shut the tank off after each use.
- If the unit catches fire, do not attempt to extinguish it, especially if propane is burning freely. CALL THE FIRE DEPT. Propane will reignite with explosive force.
- Proper location and placement of the unit is very important. Keep the unit away from the sides or back of your home, as well as open windows. If fire occurs, it will spread to the building.
- Use common sense and read the manufacturers directions.
- Careful use of charcoal starter fluid is very important. Follow the direction on the can and never apply additional fluid once the fire has been ignited.
- The use of an electric starter or paper is an alternate method, and pre-treated charcoal should also be used.
- Place all ashes in metal cans.
The Mission of the Minotola Fire Company is to provide efficient, cost effective fire protection to our customers, the residents and commuters of Borough of Buena, in accordance with state and nationally recognized standards and practices.
We shall achieve this through the use of standardized policies and training on the latest techniques and equipment while maintaining the highest level of safety for our members.
We pledge to serve in accordance with our adopted Code of Conduct, while achieving the highest levels of performance.